NEWTEC PU SYSTEMS (Polyurethane)
1 Support | 2 PRIMER | 3 NEWTEC PU | 4 NEWTEC-Topcoat protection
The products in the NEWTEC PU system are supplied in a two component liquid form.
NEWTEC PU is a Polyurethane product system with high durability, elongation, good tensile strength, good adhesion to concrete substrates, brick substrates, steel substrates … and coatings.
NEWTEC PU becomes an excellent choice for all types of surfaces, whether new or renovated constructions. Small to large scale projects.
NEWTEC PU is a completely continuous, 100% adhesive coating on almost all surfaces and materials.
Simple and quick to apply, the NEWTEC PU can be applied with a roller, rake board or airless sprayer.
- Easy application.
- Rapid curing even in winter.
- Excellent adhesion to all kinds of surfaces.
- Chemical resistant
- High resistance to extreme temperatures (between-40 ºC and + 80 ºC ).
- High resistance to abrasion and tension.
- High elasticity.
- The membrane is completely waterproof.
- Allows vapor diffusion.
- Waterproofing roofing (flat, sloping) and patios (passable and not passable).
- Waterproofing of balconies and porches.
- Waterproofing of humid zones, under tile, as in baths.
- Waterproofing swimming pools, kitchens, etc.
- Waterproofing flowerbeds.
- Waterproofing of industrial roofing.
- Waterproofing canals.
- Waterproofing water tanks.
- Waterproofing fountains.
- Waterproofing bridges, tunnels, etc.
- Waterproofing of metallic surfaces
- Protection of polyurethane foam for thermal insulation.
- To apply NEWTEC PU the support must be a continuous surface without crevices or hollows in order to obtain the maximum adhesion of the continuous system of polyurethane. Also the support must be clean, dry and free of pollutants like dust, oil, grease, paint and other superficial treatments. When in doubt it is recommended that you realize tests on the substrate.
1. Chuẩn Bị Bề Mặt
- The substrate should be consistent as our membranes have adhesion strengths good. If you are not certain of the strength you should inspect the substrate and, where possible, carry out tests to determine the tensile strength.
- If there is a weak layer of cement on the substrate or it has an uneven surface you should prepare it mechanically (milling, sanding, shot-blasting).
- If there are any cracks or small holes they should be filled in and compacted with the appropriate filling, made using our NEWTEC-PRIMER product which is very hard and fast drying.
- Suitable PH for concrete is 7 ~ 8 (humidity below 8%)
- Remove the protective layer and the old backing with the sharpener
Metal surface (Please consult your Technical Representative NEWTEC for specific recommendations)
2. Priming (Newtec-Primer)
You should also apply one of our primers (see table a) to increase adhesion to the substrate and achieve a correct surface finish. It can be applied by brush, roller or an airless spray.
In the case of concrete surfaces, the concrete should have completed the 28-day curing process after casting. You should also check that the degree of moisture in the surface of the substrate does not exceed the maximum allowable level of the product.
- Primer a few times with a roller brush or specialized spray machine at the rate of 0.1 ~ 0.2kg / m2. Apply 1 or 2 coats.
- Recommended recoat time is 4 hours at 25ºC
3. Newtec Pu Membrane(Newtec-Base)
- Apply Newtec-Base layer immediately when Newtec-Primer primer has dried (usually wait 1 hour after application is finished). If the ambient temperature is higher, the drying time is faster.
- Open part A (large vat) and mix part A thoroughly for about 2 ~ 3 minutes. Then pour all of part B (baby crates) into the barrel of component A and mix for at least 5 minutes until the mixture is homogeneous (preferably using an electric mixer above 800RPM);
- Note during mixing should let the paddle submerge deeply in the mixture to avoid entrained air flow. Use a slow speed stirrer to mix.
- NEWTEC PU can be applied using a spray machine capable of producing a pressure of 280 bar (4,000 psi) or by hand, using a brush or a roller and a rubber rake. In both cases application must be consistent.
- Drying tact time: 3 ~ 5 hours*
- Pedestrian traffic resistance: 12 ~ 48 hours
- Wheeled traffic resistance: top coat required
- Repainting rank: 5 ~ 48 hours** / 3 ~ 24 h. (with D.ACELERADOR)
- Application time should not exceed 30 minutes (depends on ambient temperature)
- Use a spiked roller to break the surface foam right after application.
4. Topcoat optional (Newtec-Topcoat)
- After the NEWTEC PU membrane has been applied a protective coat of NEWTEC-TOPCOAT aliphatic polyurethane should be applied within 24 hours to ensure the stability of the desired colour when there is no additional protection.
- NEWTEC-TOPCOAT is also good for surfaces with heavy vehicle traffic, and essential for non-slip finishes and waterproofing of swimming pools, fountains, water tanks, aquariums, etc.
- Open part A of Newtec-Topcoat, stirring with a mixer for 2-3 minutes. Then pour all of part B into the tank of component A and mix for at least 5 minutes until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Applying Newtec-Topcoat layer with roller or specialized spray machine, rated: 0.15-0.2 kg / m2.
- Thời gian thi công lớp Newtec-Topcoat:Sau khi lớp Newtec-Base đã khô (khoảng 24 giờ sau khi thi công xong)
- The Newtec-base layer can be protected with sand-cement mortar or tile adhesive. In this case, about 90 minutes after applying the Newtec-base layer, sprinkle or spray the surface of the Newtec-base layer completely with dry sand, particle size 0.4 – 0.8mm. This helps to create a rough surface to bond with the outer finishes.
Some parameters such as strength of adhesion to concrete in dry conditions, tensile stress, elongation, tear force (ASTM D412) … are periodically inspected by the Institute of Materials. Build
Based on ASTM D412-16 and according to customer requirements. We check the indicators of tensile strength, elongation at break of the product system at the Institute of Construction Science and Technology.
Hệ thống quản lý chất lượng ISO – AP TECH CO., LTD.
What kind of product is NEWTEC PU?
This product is a two component Polyurethane coating.
How should I apply NEWTEC PU?
On any surface as long as it is necessary to pre-treat the surface for maximum product adhesion.
It is a flexible applied coating that adapts to all irregular shapes.
What colors are available for the NEWTEC PU product line?
Gray, Blue …
How long does NEWTEC PU (NEWTEC-BASE) take to dry completely?
NEWTEC PU (NEWTEC-BASE) is stable and dry within 3 ~ 5 hours, in case of complete dryness and reaches 100% mechanical properties need at least 24 hours.
Under what circumstances should I use UV protective coating (NEWTEC-TOPCOAT)?
In the case of an exposed NEWTEC PU (NEWTEC-BASE) coating.
What are the application conditions for NEWTEC PU (NEWTEC-BASE)?
From an air temperature in the range of 5 ~ 38ºC.
Relative humidity must be below 85%